Thursday, October 22, 2009

We Have First Pick!- Athletes have class registration before the rest of student body

Lucky athletes!

While most of the student body is up at midnight on November 10 waiting for class registration to open, Florida Atlantic athletes will be snug in our beds knowing we already registered for the classes we need.

Most students think this is unfair, but there is no other way around it. Athletes must register before anyone else because we have specific practice times.

I think this is one of the best things about being a Florida Atlantic athlete--especially because of all the budget cuts and few classes to choose from.

Every major has required classes each student must take, in a particular order of course. However, there is only like one (maybe two) classes offered each semester.

For example, out of the nine main classes in the Multimedia Journalism major I have already completed eight, and I'm only a junior! Other students in the major are frustrated by this because they are waiting to take these classes in order to graduate.

While it might be stressful for other students, I don't make the rules about class registration.

I'm just thankful that we can register early, I can get into the classes I need with the schedule I want, and I can graduate on time without any issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment