Thursday, September 17, 2009

South Florida HEAT! The unbearable heat athletes deal with on a daily basis

When I write South Florida heat, I don't mean the heat from Florida Atlantic's intimidating teams. And I don't mean the basketball team, Miami heat. I mean straight up--temperature heat.

Cross country starts practice at 6:45 every morning, well, six days a week. By the time we get done with our workouts, it's about 9:30 a.m. And it is scolding hot outside.

So I wonder how all the other sports can survive that heat? It must be impossible. I sweat so much already, and my practice uniform is only a sports bra and spandex shorts!

What about football, softball, soccer, and baseball? They must be dying out there. About 100 degrees with all those pads, long pants, and thick uniforms?

I give them major props because even though it's hot while we practice too, at least we don't have to wear much.

Check out the predicted forecast for the next week in Boca Raton, and you can tell me if you would want to be outside playing a sport.

It may not seem like it will be too hot? Only about 90 degrees each day (which isn't as bad as the past few weeks).

So, I'll see you out at practice? But, just a couple things to remember before you come:

  • Don't be late or you will have to run.
  • Bring all your equipment and pads.
  • Don't slack off.
  • Oh ya, and bring some water! (because 90 degrees really feels like 120 degrees)

No comments:

Post a Comment