Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shut Up & Play- The neverending trash talk from rival teams


One thing that you will never stop hearing in sports is trash talk. And I can't stand it!

I wish athletes would just shut up and play their game. Because in the end, the score will determine who the better team is.

This past weekend I was at a FAU basketball player's house with a bunch of other athletes and some punks from University of Miami's baseball team were, you guessed it, talking trash. I just think it is so idiotic that they would even drop down to our competitive level.

First of all, UM has been around since 1925. FAU has been around since 1964, but only started athletics about 10 years ago. So, of course UM should have better athletic teams.

So why do these guys have to come to an FAU party and talk trash about how good their school teams are?

Not only has our baseball team beat UM before, but almost every game has been extremely close. I cannot wait for this season's games.

And for the future of partying, I think that these "Hurricanes" need to blow back to their part of town since it is so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment